2 whole pieces of pork trotters (chopped)
4 preserved plums
3 pieces of star anise
¼ piece of dried tangerine peel (soaked in water)
200 ml of mature vinegar
1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 pieces of ginger
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
600 ml of water
Preparation and steps:
1. Rinse the pork trotters, then blanch them at high heat for 10 minutes. Remove the pork and use running water to rinse it, draining the water off.
2. Over low heat, add oil to a wok or pot, followed by ginger, garlic, star anise and preserved plums. Turn the heat up high, and add the pork trotters, Shaoxing wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and mature vinegar, quickly stir-frying for 2 minutes.
3. Pour in 300 ml of water and quickly stir-fry over high heat, cooking for 5 minutes.
4. Then pour in the rest of the water, which should cover the pork trotters. Stir, put on a lid, and at high heat cook for 45 minutes. Then turn the heat down low to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the lid to add salt. Stir and then replace the lid, cooking it at high heat again. Once it boils, turn the heat down to medium, then cook for another 20 minutes before turning off the heat.
6. Add ginger slices on top and serve.